Goal: The goal of the Wellness Program is that each student optimizes healthy coping strategies, finds good balance and achieves academic success throughout school.
Mission: The mission of the Wellness Program is encouraging students to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle by balancing all aspects of their lives, and to provide the skills for students to achieve academic success and to become positive role models in the society.
The Wellness Program is divided into five sections: Physical, Psychological, Academic, Social and Community.
For each section, there are activities which promote health and self-care. Students participate on the planning committee for the Wellness program and assist in the coordination of social events, workshops, speakers and other relevant activities.
The School believes in a student friendly approach to wellness. A healthy environment is one in which there is not only an absence of harmful conditions, but an abundance of health promoting ones.
Primary Interventions: focus on the prevention of problems. For example, a focus on communication strategies during high stress periods, promotion of service and citizenship, and coaching.
Secondary Interventions: Aims to manage the symptoms of strain. For example, stress management programs such as relaxation techniques, stress management and workshops.
Tertiary Interventions: Designed to help the individual who may need specialized input to deal with the strain. For example, personal counselling.
In addition, the wellness program presents on important wellness topics monthly. The topics and activities align with the Physical, Psychological, Academic, Social and Community components of health. Workshops on various topics are also planned based on student interest.
- Yoga for Stress Reduction
- Cooking Classes – Whole Foods
- Healthy Diet and Nutrition for the active student – Food in Medicine
- Meditation and Relaxation Techniques
Life Skill Education :
- Vision is Nurturing, Aware, Responsible and Empowered Learners.
- The effort is to create learners who are equipped with accurate objectives and value enhanced life skills. Help the young learners to make informed decisions, solve problems, think creatively and critically, communicate effectively and build healthy relationships, cope with challenges and manage their lives.
- Counselling Services via Office of Student Affairs
- Peer Mentoring through the Student Team
- Stimulant Abuse vs. High Achievers
- Stress and Depression
- How to Deal with Loss when you are coping with your own Loss?
- Substance Abuse in Professionals
- Coping with High Levels of Stress
- Spirituality and Medicine
- The Poison of Perfectionism
- Financial Literacy Seminars
- Using Cognitive Behavioural Techniques to Master Test Anxiety
- Anxiety about Academic Performance
- Managing Time.
Social & Community :
- Student Organizations ( Houses –Student Classifications)
- Student Senate(Student Council)
- Maintaining Healthy Relationships
- Social Alcohol Use vs. Abuse
- Dealing with Conflict
- Appropriate Use of Social Media
- Intimacy and Life Choice
- Family Counselling
Hence, Children need to realize that the world is a better place because they are in it. Understanding the importance of personal contribution can serve as a source of purpose and motivation.
Dps Nadergul is happy to announce the availability of services from Health & wellness Team.
- Academic Counselling
- Behavioural Counselling
- Addiction & Abuse Issues
- Managing work & Children
- Career Guidance
- Life Skills Training
- Special Education Training
- Handling Loneliness
- Bullying Issues
- Managing Examination Stress &Fear
- Anger Management
- Handling Depression
- Overcoming Suicidal Tendencies
- Helping Parents to help the child cope up with environment
- Parental Counselling
- Managing Adolescent & Teenage Changes
- Stress –Anxiety vs Child care
- Single Parent Issues