Motto for Health And Wellness: “Feel Well, Do Well”.
Goal: The goal of the Wellness Program is that each student optimizes salubrious coping strategies, and achieves academic prosperity throughout the school.
Mission: The mission of the Wellness Program is to encourage students to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle by balancing all aspects of their lives, and to provide the skills for students to achieve academic prosperity and to become positive role models in society.
The Wellness Program is divided into five sections: Physical, Academic, Psychological, Social and Community.
For each section, some activities promote self-care and also health. Students participate in the planning committee for the Wellness program and assist in the coordination of social events, workshops, speakers and other relevant activities.
The School believes in a student amicable approach to wellness. A salubrious environment is one in which there is not only an absence of deleterious conditions but also an abundance of health-promoting ones.
Primary Interventions: fixate on the aversion of problems. For example, a focus on communication strategies during high-stress periods, promotion of service and citizenship, and coaching.
Secondary Interventions: Aims to manage the symptoms of strain. For example, stress management programs such as stress management, relaxation techniques, and workshops.
Tertiary Interventions: Designed to avail the individual who may need specialized input. For instance, personal counseling.
In additament, the Health And Wellness Programme presents on paramount wellness topics monthly. The topics and activities align with the Psychological, Physical, Academic, Convivial and Community components of health. Workshops on sundry topics are additionally predicated on student interest.
- Yoga for Stress Reduction
- Cooking Classes – Whole Foods
- Healthy Diet and Nutrition for the active student – Food in Medicine
- Meditation and Relaxation Techniques
Life Skill Education:
- Vision is Nurturing, Aware, Responsible and Empowered Learners.
- The effort is to create learners who are equipped with accurate objectives and value-enhanced life skills. Help the young learners to make informed decisions, solve problems, think creatively and critically, communicate effectively and build healthy relationships, cope with challenges and manage their lives.
- Counseling Services via the Office of Student Affairs
- Peer Mentoring through the Student Team
- Stimulant Abuse vs. High Achievers
- Stress and Depression
- How to Deal with Loss when you are coping with your Loss?
- Substance Abuse in Professionals
- Coping with High Levels of Stress
- Spirituality and Medicine
- The Poison of Perfectionism
- Financial Literacy Seminars
- Using Cognitive Behavioral Techniques to Master Test Anxiety
- Anxiety about Academic Performance
- Managing Time.
Social & Community:
- Student Organizations (Houses –Student Classifications)
- Student Senate (Student Council)
- Maintaining Healthy Relationships
- Social Alcohol Use vs. Abuse
- Dealing with Conflict
- Appropriate Use of Social Media
- Intimacy and Life Choice
- Family Counselling
Hence, Children need to comprehend that the world is a better place because they are living in it. Understanding the paramountcy of personal contribution can serve as a source of purport and motivation.
DPS Nadergul is happy to announce the availability of services from the Health And Wellness Team.
- Academic Counselling
- Behavioral Counselling
- Addiction & Abuse Issues
- Managing work & Children
- Career Guidance
- Life Skills Training
- Special Education Training
- Handling Loneliness
- Bullying Issues
- Managing Examination Stress &Fear
- Anger Management
- Handling Depression
- Overcoming Suicidal Tendencies
- Helping Parents to help the child cope up with the environment
- Parental Counselling
- Managing Adolescent & Teenage Changes
- Stress –Anxiety vs Child care
- Single Parent Issues